There are several microlearning platforms that you can find and compare based on your needs. Ideally, quality microlearning software tools should support learning paths, gamification, videos, quizzes, and social learning. The key is to adopt a tool that facilitates learning in engaging ways. This will enhance retention, simplify how you achieve learning goals, and make learning sustainable.
Microlearning is the trend these days. It is a leading mode of learning that modern learners prefer. In fact, in recent years, it has earned a top spot in the learning and development industry. As a proven method of delivery learning, microlearning ensures increased engagement, better knowledge retention, better development, and lower training costs.
It employs learning materials such as graphic images, short video clips, podcasts, infographics, and other engaging media to teach and train learners. In most cases, microlearning combines gamification and mobile learning to facilitate learning on the go.
The following is a quick list of the top 10 microlearning tools that are trending these days.
10 Best Microlearning Tools
|10 Best Microlearning Tools||Why Is It Best?|
Before we look at these best microlearning tools in more detail, let’s answer some quick questions:
What Is Microlearning?
Microlearning, sometimes referred to as nanolearning, is a style of learning characterized by small learning units or modules. Learners learn at their convenience by absorbing information at the micro-level in short sessions lasting a few minutes. In this method of learning, the content is designed for quick uptake by learners, and so it is more specific and focussed on a single topic at a time.
Why Is Microlearning Important?
Microlearning is significant from several angles. It takes a more targeted approach to learning and provides just what an individual can digest at a single point in time. It overcomes the practice of loading learners with tons of overwhelming information like in traditional classroom lectures.
Instead, it supports just-in-time learning that one can even implement in the flow of work. Microlearning provides learners the liberty to decide what to learn, when, and where.
How To Use Microlearning in Employee Training
Generally, learning management systems can help you deliver microlearning, especially through their microlearning mobile platforms. Features in an LMS such as self-paced learning let you break down long-term goals into short and manageable learning objectives. This ensures better retention and makes learning consistent and sustainable.
Let’s drill down further and unbox the microlearning tools that we’ve lined up for you in this post.
10 Best Microlearning Tools For Modern Businesses
ProProfs LMS is an easy, simple, and mobile-friendly learning management system. With a virtual classroom that provides 24/7 access to microlearning online courses and test assignments, learners can engage in anytime, anywhere learning. The LMS’ integration with Quiz Maker enables users to create engaging quizzes by utilizing hundreds of templates and question types.
Apart from this, the LMS supports videos, infographics, and flashcards. You can also assign learning paths and schedule courses and lessons for drip-feeding. The tool is compatible with all devices, browsers, and operating systems.
All this makes it one of the best microlearning LMS platforms.
Why Choose ProProfs LMS?
- Easy to UseLearners of all skill levels find ProProfs LMS easy to understand and use. Whether you’re delivering microlearning or long-form training, the tool’s clean interface enables learners to focus on quick and efficient learning without any distraction.
- Anytime, Anywhere LearningSince the LMS is cloud-based, learners can access it any time and from anywhere. This gives them the freedom to self-pace learning and makes it work around their schedules.
- Mobile-FriendlyProProfs LMS is completely mobile-friendly. Its mobile LMS seamlessly fits the screen sizes of all portable devices. Learners can learn on the go and choose the time, place, and device for the purpose.
- Ease of Course CreationCourse creation is a breeze with ProProfs. You can design it the way you want to facilitate microlearning. For example, you can add short quizzes & videos, and make the chapters scannable by adding sections and subsections.
As a mobile learning app, TalentCards lets you deliver low time-commitment but high-impact learning. The application enables training administrators to create eLearning resources that learners enjoy learning while allowing the latter to learn from anywhere.
You can create and share flashcard sets with learners, which they can access via smartphones. Rapid microlearning is easily possible since the app is characterized by a high level of engagement. With training modules that learners can complete in 5-10 minutes, TalentCards helps turn training into a daily habit.
Why Choose TalentCards?
- Best Learning ExperienceTalentCards brings one of the best online learning experiences, one flashcard at a time. Its microlearning and micro-assessment systems can complement conventional training.
- Highly RatedTalentCards received high ratings from top sites such as Capterra, Google Play, and GetApp. It is based on the ease of use, customer service, and overall factors.
- It’s EffectiveThe tool uses small and focussed information to communicate effectively with learners. For this, it relies on single or two-sided cards for spaced repetition of training.
- Gamified LearningLearners can earn points every time they complete a quiz or a card set. Employees can compete with their peers and jostle for high ranks in the app’s leaderboard.
Grovo makes it easy to create and deliver powerful microlearning experiences that are relevant, digestible, and measurable. You may use it to ensure a higher retention rate and performance level. The tool offers a regularly updated microlearning library on a variety of workplace training topics.
You can leverage thousands of ready-to-go microlearning lessons or create your own from scratch using standardized templates.
Grovo helps companies of all sizes educate their employees to gain a competitive edge over others.
Why Choose Grovo?
- Partnership With CornerstoneGrovo is in strategic partnership with leading software solutions provider Cornerstone. The objective of this alliance is to promote microlearning as a core component of learning.
- Awesome Content + PlatformGrovo combines award-winning content with an equally wonderful platform. You get to create, curate, assign, and track learning programs from one place.
- Learners First ApproachThe provider put learners first when it comes to learning. It serves up lessons to learners at the moment they need them and on any device.
- Customizable LessonsChoose from thousands of micro lessons on important business topics. Easily tailor these lessons to meet your specific learning & development requirements.
TalentLMS for Android and iOS provides a comprehensive microlearning solution in the form of rich learning experiences. Using this technology, you can access courses on the go. The in-app communication lets you send messages, attach files, and participate in discussions.
These mobile learning apps are platform-independent. You can even download courses for offline access and synchronize them once you’re online.
Why Choose TalentLMS?
- It’s Democratizes LearningTalentLMS is dedicated to delivering quality learning experiences that are affordable, accessible, and thoroughly enjoyable by all. With the tool, learning is no longer a chore but an opportunity to grow.
- Problem SolverTalentLMS does not believe in pushing its product around but in solving people’s real problems. It doesn’t over-promise but lets customers decide whether to buy from it or not.
- SimplicityMaking things less complicated. This is what TalentLMS strives for from the beginning. It believes in decluttering things and delivering tools that just work fine without all the frills.
- Numbers to Back UpTalentLMS has over 8,000 customers and 3 million-plus courses created so far. It is the winner of several prestigious awards.
Docebo is a cloud-based enterprise LMS solution. Its AI-powered platform is made up of several compelling features and modules and you can tailor them to meet your unique needs. You can use the platform to deliver learning in short bursts.
Its mobile learning app lets learners learn both online and offline. Docebo Discover, Coach & Share offers a place where you can create short videos and share content seamlessly.
Why Choose Docebo?
- Easy to UseDocebo is holistic and easy to use. The UI is modern and customizable. This makes it suitable for companies of all sizes.
- Available in 40 LanguagesThe LMS supports 40 different languages, including Portuguese, Brazilian, and Korean. You can easily train learners in their native language.
- Native Mobile AppDeliver an exciting and consistent user experience with Docebo mobile app. Facilitate microlearning on the go, both online and offline.
- AI AutomationArtificial intelligence technology in the LMS helps automate manual and repetitive admin tasks and leaves you with more time to devote to improving learning.
6. SAP Litmos
SAP Litmos is one of the most well-known learning solutions providers in the learning management system market. The tool supports anytime, anywhere, any device learning through quizzes, videos, gamification, and leaderboards.
This makes it a perfect tool for microlearning. A high degree of mobility and flexibility like this enables busy professionals to learn on the go and in the moment of need. For example, you can train groups of gig workers using mobile apps and mobile-friendly training resources.
Why Choose SAP Litmos?
- Trusted By Top BrandsSAP Litmos solutions are used by top companies, including IBM, YouTube, Mercedes-Benz, and PepsiCo.
- Numbers Speak For ThemselvesThe LMS has 5,000+ customers, and it has been awarded 50 times. It has 250 employees across 25 global offices.
- Fastest-Growing SolutionSAP Litmos is the world’s fastest-growing provider of enterprise learning solutions. It unifies an LMS with pre-packaged courses to meet varied training needs.
- Communication ToolsThe LMS offers several in-platform communication tools, including a messaging system for seamless communication with learners and to ensure that they are on track with learning.
This workforce success platform enables users to create and deliver content that is easy to consume straight to learners’ devices. EduMe courses take a few minutes to complete, leaving more time for learners to spend on other important tasks.
Companies such as Uber, Vodafone, Airbnb, and Deloitte rely on EduMe to bring learning at their learners’ fingertips. EduMe was named one of London’s top startups on several occasions, and has won numerous awards for its product innovation.
Why Choose EduMe?
- It’s EasyCreate short training in minutes using an intuitive and templated authoring tool. Enable your learners to read text, watch videos, or respond to queries quickly and easily using their smartphones.
- It’s EngagingLearners usually find EduMe an enjoyable experience because it is simple and easy to use. Its flashcards are helpful during lesson revisions and as a repository of important information.
- It’s EfficientEduMe empowers training administrators to spend less time getting training ready while it demands less time from learners to master a topic.
- It’s EffectiveThe tool is proven to drive real change in employee behavior and performance by reducing stressful learning situations and increasing happiness.
OttoLearn is an award-winning microlearning solution designed to ensure better engagement and knowledge retention. Using this tool, you can “create and deploy content shockingly fast.” It delivers focussed and relevant micro-lessons through spaced repetition.
The tool measures learners’ knowledge and automatically adapts itself to focus on improvement areas. Continuous and effective learning is what OttoLearn strives to provide its clients.
Make knowledge stick around longer with learners through spaced repetition. Put them to training at regular intervals to maximize retention and ROI.
OttoLearn utilizes the algorithm-based adaptive content delivery method to identify and bridge knowledge gaps and improve knowledge retention.
Why Choose OttoLearn?
- Hosted With AmazonThis top microlearning LMS software is hosted with AWS that ensures low latency and a high degree of reliability.
- Managed Microlearning ServicesOttoLearn provides world-class guidance and support to its clients on the implementation of targeted microlearning.
- Content TranslationEasily create content in multiple languages using the automatic translation tool. Never let language become a barrier in learning & development.
- Bulletproof SecurityAt OttoLearn, the privacy and security of customers are a top priority. User data is encrypted with SSL to protect the customers and partners.
Oust Labs is a leading provider of microlearning solutions. It is used by enterprises having distributed workforces to automate onboarding and continually train and engage the modern workforce.
Learning is quick, seamless, and fun with the solution as it offers a mobile-first gamified microlearning platform to help train, assess, and develop employees. Well-known brands such as Airtel, HP, Swiggy, and Future Group have benefitted from Oust Labs.
Why Choose Oust Labs?
- Learning ReinforcementsOusts is dedicated to providing microlearning solutions that reinforce learning. This is intended to sustain ongoing knowledge acquisition and skill development.
- Ease of AuthoringIts world-class content authoring tool, MPower, offers a fast and easy way to build microlearning content by following simple steps.
- Solution for Poor EngagementOust’s gamified microlearning content serves to check poor engagement that arises from multitasking and shortage of time.
- Accelerated Time to RevenuePersonalized content for distributed workforce accelerates onboarding and course completion rates and shortens the time to revenue.
mLevel is a microlearning platform that makes online training short, engaging, and fun by delivering them in the form of bite-sized chunks of information. Anyone can create eLearning modules quickly with its authoring tool.
You can achieve more positive results by enhancing knowledge retention and skill development. mLevel is one of the best tools to ensure a shorter time to productivity for new hires. HR, financial services, telecom, and hospitality are some of the industries that the microlearning tool serves.
Why Choose mLevel?
- It’s Customer-CentricmLevel puts customers at the center of its business. It measures its success by how satisfied its customers are with using its product.
- Easy to UsemLevel stacks up well against its competitors in terms of ease of use. Users don’t need to know how to code. You can add content and branding without writing a single code.
- Outstanding Customer ServiceIn addition to its fun and engaging nature, mLevel is noted for its excellent customer service. Its proactive and responsive service exceeds customer expectations.
- Short Learning CurveUsers can get the hang of the platform quickly and get down to developing new and meaningful microlearning content.
Pick Your Microlearning Tools Today!
- These microlearning platforms follow some of the best practices to ensure faster learning, improve learning efficiency, and satisfy learners. In turn, you increase learning retention.
- As a learner-centric online learning platform, ProProfs LMS helps reduce content development time and cost and foster a culture of learning.
- ProProfs doesn’t just offer a cloud LMS; it also provides ready-to-use courses and templates. You can use the tool to administer these resources and track learning milestones.
Do you want a free Training Software?
We have the #1 Online Training Software for employee training & assessment