Which is the best virtual classroom software?
There are several online classroom software that instructors and teachers can deploy for remote training or learning. These tools offer useful features such as course builder, video conferencing, breakout rooms, mobile learning, and localization. These features in virtual training platforms ensure that you implement learning & development programs rapidly, no matter where your learners are. They also enable you to make learning more manageable, engaging, and sustainable.
Virtual classrooms are one of the greatest online training software in recent times. They offer the ease of accessibility from anywhere, anytime, the convenience of asynchronous learning, and centralized control over learners and their activities.
According to TechJury:
- The worldwide eLearning market is projected to be worth $325 billion in 2025
- eLearning boosts retention rates by 25% to 60%
- IBM saved approximately $200 million after they switched to eLearning
Sounds interesting? It really is.
You don’t need to compromise learning and training just because your learners are not physically present or share workspaces with you. You can now leverage a virtual classroom LMS and take learning & development initiatives so that learning doesn’t stop.
|10 Best Virtual Classroom Software||Best For|
|ProProfs Virtual Classroom||
Before we explore the best online class platforms on the market in detail, let’s understand the following.
Why Use Virtual Classroom Software?
In the long run, virtual classrooms can be a better solution than traditional classroom learning. Here’s how:
- They offer flexibility in scheduling, support self-paced learning, and allow instant feedback.
- They also facilitate social learning by integrating with many collaborative tools, such as instant messaging and Q&A forums.
- Most virtual classrooms support multiple formats for learning, ensuring better engagement and knowledge retention.
- Features like VR in the classroom not only offer an immersive experience but are also disabled-friendly.
Advantages of Using Virtual Classroom Software
There are several advantages of virtual classroom platforms:
- They save learners’ time and cost as they don’t have to step out of their homes.
- Learners can access their performance reports as soon as they finish their assignments, as many virtual classrooms support automatic grading.
- When you use a virtual classroom, you no longer need to worry about time and location constraints.
- Learners can join a virtual classroom using their personal devices. Most of these classroom management software tools are compatible with all popular devices people use these days. A learner can initiate a course on a computer and finish it on his smartphone.
How to Choose the Best Virtual Classroom Software
Ideally, the virtual classroom tool you select should be easy to use, scalable, and customizable. Make sure it offers pre-built courses and templates so that you can get your online learning or training programs up and running in no time.
Course builder, quizzes, collaboration tools, learning paths, and reporting are other features you should insist on while shopping for a virtual classroom.
Also, the software provider should offer quality customer service should you run into any problem while using the tool.
Now, to help you choose the right solution, we did some research and came up with the following list of 10 best virtual classroom software for 2023. You’ll find them handy for employee training and as online education platforms. Take a look.
1. ProProfs Virtual Classroom
ProProfs virtual classroom software is the easiest cloud-based application for administering online learning. As a multi-purpose LMS with a virtual classroom, you can use it to deploy various types of eLearning programs, including corporate training and online education.
Add admins, enable self-enrollment, create learner groups and sub-groups, create courses, share them, and track progress – all from a single executive dashboard.
You can even provide self-help in the form of a knowledge base within online classrooms.
The classroom comes with built-in testing & assessment software such as Quiz Maker and Survey Maker.
Watch: TM Classroom
Pros & Cons
- + Ease of use
- + Ready-to-use courses
- + Excellent support
- – No integration with other LMSs
Why Choose ProProfs?
- Easy to UseIt is the world’s easiest virtual classroom. Everyone can use it regardless of their experience level.
- Premium Course Library100+ professionally created online courses on topics such HR, sexual harassment, customer service, channel partner, compliance, employee, and more.
- ConfigurableThe virtual classroom software is highly configurable to fit your unique learning requirements and train your audience the way you want.
- 70+ Languages SupportedTrain a worldwide audience by delivering training in a language they understand
VEDAMO is an eLearning platform hosted in the cloud. It was developed in collaboration with professors and researchers from various universities. Specifically designed to meet the needs of distance education, this remote classroom platform offers a complete solution for creating, administrating, and managing online educational services.
The interactive classroom makes a useful tool for effective online tutoring. It lets you conduct live online sessions without the need to install any additional software. Language teachers, freelance tutors, kindergartens, schools, and universities are among the top users of VEDAMO.
Pros & Cons
- + Easy to set up
- + Session recording
- – Doesn’t update information automatically
Why Choose VEDAMO?
- Trusted by ManyFrom small tutoring companies to universities and enterprises, the virtual classroom is trusted by countless users.
- Equal Access to LearningVEDAMO is designed to promote equal access to quality online learning for a wide range of users worldwide.
- Feature-RichThe platform offers a rich set of features that make it easy to manage groups of learners.
- Excellent SupportspanYou can expect an efficient, helpful, and always available support team at VEDAMO.
An award-winning virtual classroom software, LearnCube is a great solution for online schools and teachers. It is one of the best online classrooms and people use it for tutoring, teaching, and training. Some call it the Skype for online teaching.
LearnCube is perfect for connecting instructors with learners who live in remote areas. It is driven by its goal to build a virtual classroom that works in any browser without the need for downloads. An intuitive interface ensures that instructors focus on what they do best – teaching.
Pros & Cons
- + State-of-the-art virtual classroom
- + Impressive interface
- + Support for ESL tools
- – Not user friendly
- – Time-consuming
Why Choose LearnCube?
- Award-WinningLearnCube virtual classroom software has won several awards at various international events.
- Trusted by Top BrandsspanLearnCube customers are spread in 95 countries and 1,000+ cities and they include many top names, including Oxford University Press and Babbel.
- Offers Everything You NeedspanFrom quality audio and videos to interactive whiteboard, video recording, and custom branding, you get all you need to teach or train.
- ReliablespanAs one of the top online classroom platforms, LearnCube continuously optimizes its technology to ensure reliable teaching and learning experiences.
4. Electa Live
Electa Live is an online teaching and training software and one of the best virtual classroom platforms. Using it, you can create online courses & tutorials and organize live online classes, lectures, & meetings. It lets you host, attend, and interact in online classes and web conferences.
Both trainers and trainees can get the ultimate experience inside the Electa Live virtual classroom. As a state-of-the-art live online classroom platform, it supports live videos with crystal clear audio, screen sharing, interactive whiteboards, and annotation.
Pros & Cons
- + Simple yet professional virtual classroom
- + Requires no installation
- – Slow messaging
- – Pixelated videos
Why Choose Electa Live?
- Designed for EducatorsElecta Live understands the specific requirements of educators and constantly improves its products to offer the best solutions possible.
- FlexibilityAs customers’ needs change frequently, their software configurations also change. Electa Live offers timely solutions to meet those changing requirements.
- Data SecurityYour learners’ database is safe at Electa Live. Unlike what other vendors do, Electa Live doesn’t make your learners’ information a part of shared pools.
- No Lock-InIn case the virtual classroom fails to deliver, you can leave any time. Stay because you want to, not because you have to.
5. Adobe Connect
Adobe Connect is a web conferencing and desktop sharing software that you can use to create online training modules and offer a collaborative learning experience. It is the most feature-rich, extensible, and secure web conferencing product on the market. The virtual classroom provides solutions for rapid training anytime, anywhere, and on virtually any device.
The tool is responsive and fast even with multiple participants. It offers solutions for business and education.
Webinars, recordings, demos, and a user community are among the features you’ll find. Built on HTML and the open web, the Adobe Connect 11 application offers a completely new UX for hosts, presenters, and participants. It is accessible, modern, and fast.
Pros & Cons
- + Intuitive UI
- + Document and link sharing
- + Meeting recordings
- – No certification management
- – Pricier than other similar tools
Why Choose Adobe Connect?
- Complete SolutionFrom creating interactive content to offering learning on-demand and managing and tracking learning, Adobe Connect is your one-stop solution.
- Immersive ExperiencesStay in full control of the narrative and drive learner engagement with well-designed interactive elements.
- Accessible DesignUnlock the power of virtual classrooms by making them accessible to audiences from all backgrounds and experience levels from around the world.
- System SecurityAdobe Connect offers security at all levels – network security, cloud infrastructure security, and application security, for complete protection of hosts, participants, and business data.
WizIQ is one of the world’s largest cloud-based virtual training software. More than 400,000 educators leverage it to deliver different learning services. Deliver live teaching or training by utilizing HTML5 Virtual Classroom based on WebRTC.
The classroom is suitable for enterprises, teachers, trainers, colleges, universities, and test prep companies. You can deploy the virtual classroom to conduct live interactive online classes.
Easily administer live sessions, enable learning on the go, and record sessions. The online classroom supports integration with an existing website, CMS, or LMS.
Pros & Cons
- + User-friendly
- + Excellent recorded video quality
- + Multiple classrooms
- + Easy enrollment
- – Poor support
Why Choose WizIQ?
- Simple UIA simple user interface enables users to focus on teaching instead of the technology.
- Exclusive FeaturesIts time-saving and collaborative features ensure that anyone can engage in teaching online.
- Multilingual SupportAvailable in 14 languages, including English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, and Arabic.
- Discovery PlatformWizIQ is a discovery platform where you can find professional teachers and quality educational content rated by its learner community.
7. Blackboard Collaborate
If you’re looking for a simple and reliable virtual classroom solution, Blackboard Collaborate is what you need. It can help meet all your online teaching and web conferencing needs. A robust set of tools enables you to connect with one learner or an entire class.
On-demand learning and the ability to reach out to learners, no matter where they are, characterize Blackboard Collaborate. It, thus, serves as one of the best in-house and remote classroom software.
The virtual classroom offers high-quality audiovisual and supports synchronous learning. It is used by higher education, government, and business organizations.
Pros & Cons
- + You can easily access it via an LMS
- + Unlimited recording
- + Polling tools
- – High price
- – Problem with audio at times
Why Choose Blackboard Collaborate?
- Simple DeploymentThe solution deploys rapidly without any support or downloads.
- Engaging ExperienceMaximize learner engagement with a modern UX, HD audio and video, and app sharing.
- CredibleBlackboard Collaborate has been designed in accordance with WCAG Guidelines 2.1 Level AA, Section 508 standards and verified by a third party.
- Shared ExperienceThe Blackboard Community provides a nurturing environment where members can share personal experiences, learn, and remain engaged with each other.
eTrainCenter provides all the tools you need to create online classrooms and connect with learners in real-time. You can engage in synchronized distance learning with audiovisual, online whiteboards, application sharing, breakout rooms, and more.
Learners can communicate with each other with the help of built-in instant messaging. Record live classes for quality control or archiving. You can also create online courses, provide access to them, and facilitate self-paced learning.
Some of the use cases of eTrainCenter are employee orientation, product training, sales training, and HIPAA compliance training.
Pros & Cons
- + Easy to use
- + Reporting
- – Custom reports unavailable
Why Choose eTrainCenter?
- Easy to UseSimple and user-centric tool that lets you design and deliver online training easily.
- Feature-RichAll the features that content developers and training administrators need are available in one place. This provides an amazing experience for all.
- Rapid ImplementationLaunch your own online training center in a matter of days with fast and easy software onboarding.
- Engaging ContentCreate original content or reuse existing ones with multimedia elements.
Edvance360 is a learning management system with integrated features that allow you to create a virtual classroom easily. It is easy to understand and use. The virtual classroom training software provides unique solutions for different markets – from K-12 education to corporate training.
Designed with inputs from leading educational experts, Edvance360 can be used to host modular courses. An internal social networking system facilitates collaboration and discussion.
Equipped with a flexible and customizable interface, the platform finds uses in corporations, government entities, military establishments, non-profit organizations, and continuing education programs.
Pros & Cons
- + Customization
- + Ease of navigation
- + Responsive help desk
- – You need to upload content to a database first before uploading it to course pages
Why Choose Edvance360?
- Solutions for EveryoneIt is one of the most versatile learning tools out there. It caters to K-12 districts, higher education, and corporate clients.
- Designed by Educators for EducatorsEdvance360 is designed by educators for educators. It is the result of insights from several leading educational design specialists.
- Easily AdaptableInstead of taking a one-size-fits-all approach, the provider focuses on adapting its learning solutions to the varied requirements of a fast-changing world.
- Widely AcceptedEdvance360 has been widely accepted by many prominent users due to its powerful features and attractive offers.
10. SAP Litmos
SAP Litmos is a cloud-based LMS for continuous learning with a user base of more than 21 million. It combines classroom, virtual, mobile, social, and eCommerce in an intuitive and secure platform. Solutions include employee training, sales training, gig worker training, and contractor training.
The task automation system allows users to deploy faster and smarter corporate training, from course creation to assignment, tracking, and selling. This enables them to focus their time and efforts on aligning training programs with the company’s objectives.
Users get access to a wide range of professionally built, SME-tested, and video-based courses to deploy online learning quickly.
Pros & Cons
- + Simple content upload
- + Clear videos
- + Helpful support
- – Reporting could be improved
Why Choose SAP Litmos?
- Supports 35 LanguagesThe platform has customers in 150 countries and supports 35 languages, making it a truly global solution.
- Industry-Leading SecuritySimplify identity and access management with OneLogin and build a more secure and efficient enterprise.
- Large Number of AwardsSAP Litmos is the recipient of a whopping 50 industry awards.
- Trust of MillionsMore than 24 million users worldwide trust SAP Litmos.
Choose the Best Virtual Classroom Platform!
Online classroom software applications aren’t new; they have been around for a while. Millions of businesses and individuals have been using it for years to deploy web-based training.
But if you’re a first-timer, now is the right time to put it to the test. Don’t let the wrong choice of learning solutions hinder the knowledge acquisition and skill development of your employees or students. Conduct a virtual classroom software comparison to land the best one.
ProProfs is an easy, customizable, versatile, and feature-rich virtual classroom that works for all kinds of online learning environments. Easily teach or train learners remotely. Take ProProfs for a test drive.
Do you want a free Training Software?
We have the #1 Online Training Software for employee training & assessment